What hair dye do you use?
It’s a rinse. The brand is Wella, and I’m having it done by the hairdresser. It’ being mixed at the spot, I don’t think it’s being sold in stores
How do you keep your color so vibrant/bright/fiery?
No idea. I don’t actually, my color often is a lot brighter on photo than it actually is.
But for the sake of it:
- I try to wash it no more than once week (hard in the summer tho).
- I use shampoo for colored hair.
- After a few weeks (depends on how it looks) I use a shampoo for red hair which brightens the color a bit (it has pigment).
- I often wash it with cold water (after I’m done showering, so I wash it warm when I’m short on time) (cold water makes the…something… of your hair close so that:
1) it will keep the color better
2) your hair will be shiny and pretty)
What is your natural hair color?
A quite regular blonde. (click). Sort of. It’s been a while since I’ve had it natural… but this comes close.
Who is the photographer/your model?
I am the photographer, and because of a lack of models 24/7, I’m often the model too. If I’m not, it’s in my Flickr description
And in case you are wondering:
I take photos of myself because of two things:
1) I don’t have models with me all the time, and I feel awkward asking people to model for me. Because I’m so serious about it and they might not take me seriously.
Plus most of my concepts are very personal: 2) I try to portray emotions and stories with my photos, they are concepts in my head and only I know what they need to look like. It’s often my emotions, and my stories, so I know what look in my face I need and how to hold my body. It’s damn hard explaining that to a model, trust me. Fun too, but hard.
What equipment do you use?
Canon PowerShot A610 (old photos, before November 2007)
Canon EOS RebelXTi (since November 2007)
Canon IXUS 80IS (very very rarely does a photo from that one make it to Flickr)
18-55mm f/3.5 lens (not so much since November 2009)
85mm f/1.8 lens (since May 2008)
50mm f/1.4 lens (since May 2010)
tripod (since Christmas 2007)
remote RC-1 (since Christmas 2007)
What is the blue background in some of your photos?
It’s the color of one of my walls in my bedroom.
What program do you use for editing?
Adobe Photoshop CS4 / recently to CS5